Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Project

My big summer project this year was the back porch/laundry room area.  This was supposed to take about 4 or 5 days but instead it took a few weeks.  One of my goals was to spend as little as possible on this and use up as much scrap wood, leftover paint, etc. as possible.  I also wanted it to look nice, of course, and to have so many places for the things we leave out there that it would be more bother to leave something out than to put it away.  Again, I don't have any before pictures, but here are some afters.  I spent less than $25 on it, I think, since I used up a lot of wood we had around for the shelves and also extra paint I had from other projects.  We had done a rough primer-mostly job on the back porch when we moved in so it never looked very finished.  There have been plenty of times when it has been hard to get through the space at all with laundry baskets, over-night bags from the last trip anyone took, pianos (electric and yes, plural), and just stuff all around.  Since this is really our main family entrance use-wise, it would be nice to have it look at least benign and wonderful to have it somewhat lovely.  Again, this is no silk purse, but I'd say it's a nice improvement on the ear.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks awesome! It looks so inviting, and cheery, and clean and simple too! I love it! Well done :) (Greg and michelle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Michelle already commented, but I just saw these four fine posts, and I say what she says is what I say! And those cabins sure look neat, and I'm glad Chapter and Henry are getting along. Thanks for posting all of these fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you guys! I hope you can see it in person sometime! It was SO great to see you at the reunion! We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete