Saturday, September 7, 2013

Garden Path

Last Saturday Joey and I went in the hills and got some flat rocks to make a little path in the backyard.  We've been trying to find a way to make the downstairs backyard look like more than just dirt since we didn't do a whole lot of gardening there because of Chapter.  The lawn has been a struggle, too, so we've been thinking of different things we might do to replace the grass.  I don't know that we'll ever get that far, but here are a few pictures of the backyard as of this evening.


Those globes are some solar lanterns I made out of $1 solar lights.  I'm really pleased with them!  I may be going over board with them in the yard...

Down here is a shot of the wood wall I made to make a sort of shed under the stairs so there was a place for things I didn't want to be chewed up.  


The planter is the latch--just lift and open!





2 comments:

  1. You guys are amazing. I love how you've done so much to your home. It's truly charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love the planter latch - and the stone path looks professional! Not only would we vote your ted talks at the reunion some of the very best (and we have heard other people in our family agree!!) - but we vote your house AWESOME! Cool surprises of cleverness around every corner! We LOVE being related to to you two!

    ReplyDelete