Sunday, November 20, 2011
Our New Old Phonograph
Yesterday Joey and I went to an auction. We made out like bandits, although most of our purchases will require "before and after" photos. We bought a fantastic old camel-back trunk (needs some work), two nice, comfy armchairs (need to be reupholstered), a rocking chair (needs some work), a 1955 phonograph/hi-fi (radio needs some new tubes but the phonograph works...and just a few scratches that we can fix), and an accordion (needs a little tuning up)--all for $145 plus tax! We'll do some before & after shots of some of our projects, but here is one of our phonograph. We've had such a fun time with it already! We had a little record party with Mom & Dad and Joey's mother tonight. We had appetizers and looked through a bunch of 45s that came with the phonograph and through records we had and Mom & Dad brought a couple of records over. It was 1955 all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun! I can't wait to see the before and afters.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, I'll bet you would love the records! You'd probably recognize a lot more of the titles than I do. Don't you love that last picture of Joey? It seems like it should be black and white, don't you think? :)
ReplyDeleteIs the accordion a Christmas present for me?! If so, I hope you realize you just gave away the surprise.
ReplyDelete