Sunday, July 10, 2011

What we've been doing...



I've been notified that our blog hasn't been updated, so here I am to do the job.  These are some of the things we've been doing:

  • First, on St. Patrick's day, back in March, Joey was playing at a Democrat function and I got to play as well. (Joey played piano and I played washboard.)  A friend of our took a picture of us playing and I planned to blog it, but never got the picture and thus never blogged.  That was when I fell off the wagon.
  • Joey started a different job at the same agency--he's now the director of resource development at United Way.
  • Our garden is growing.

Early garden

Current garden

  • We built a little pond and waterfall in our yard.

  • Starting the pond


    The finished product...not really finished, but semi-finished.

  • We've been house-hunting and may put an offer in tomorrow.

  • Joey went to Florida for work and swam in the Gulf of Mexico which is one of the few bodies of water in that area that isn't teeming with alligators.

  • We built a rack for our fishing poles together out of an old box springs we got from his mother.

  • Joey got to do a fly-over of the Red Desert by Rock Springs.

  • Boar's Tusk by plane
  • We went to Utah for Mercy's blessing.

  • We went to Denver to see Tayte in a step-dance competition (she got first place).

  • Tayte and Kale were here for about a week and we had some good fun with them.

  • We went to Washington DC and Baltimore and got to see Adam and Kathryn and also Kelly and Ashley Kitchen.

  • Ashley, Erin, and Kelly

    Erin and Joe in Baltimore at the inner harbor

    At Johns Hopkins campus

    Baltimore crab

    Joe and Erin at Ft. McHenry (Star Spangled Banner)



  • We went to Gettysburg and also Mt. Vernon.

  • Joey and Erin at Gettysburg

    Erin and Joey at Washington's farm at Mt. Vernon

     Mr. Lincoln, Joe and Erin looking at something at Gettysburg

    Mt. Vernon

  • We had a 4th of July breakfast and flag raising ceremony with a flag we got a Mt. Vernon.

  • We had the Teichert reunion up near Ogden.

  • (I have a great video of our performance of the Hunt n' Peck Hillbilly Band, but I can't figure out how to load it...I think it's just a little too big.)
  • Moroni, Isaac, and Esther came to Wyoming for a few days and we really enjoyed having them here.

  • I am trying out my hand at mini-gardening in pots--a technique I learned from my mother-in-law.



  •  





















    Which came first?  (We came into the kitchen one day and here was Mr. Chicken sitting on the edge of the pan...just sitting there.)

    3 comments:

    1. This was delightful to read! You have been doing such cool things!!! When you said "try your hand at mini pot gardening" - you weren't joking! They look great! Did I see cactus there? Your garden looks beautiful! It looks like you have been having such a wonderful summer! Thanks for posting!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I don't have any cactus, but I have a lot of a plant called Hens and Chicks and it kind of looks like a cactus. It's a very forgiving plant and can be transplanted 20 times or more in a day.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Your garden is gorgeous! You are gorgeous! Your blog is gorgeous! Please never stop.

      PS Can I have copies of those pictures of your visit here? Gracias, bellalita.

      ReplyDelete